September 6 -9, 2018
Cincinnati Marriott at Rivercenter
10 W Rivercenter Blvd
Covington, KY 41011
The LAM Foundation and the NCATS/NIH Rare Lung Diseases Consortium welcome you to attend the International Rare Lung Diseases Conference & LAMposium (RLDC•2018). This multi-faceted event 2018 is designed to advance rare lung disease research by fostering scientific communication and collaboration, improving clinician knowledge about new diagnostics and therapeutics, and increasing patient understanding about diseases affecting them.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Bringing Cutting Edge Technologies to Rare Lung Disease Research”. We hope you will join us for this innovative and informative weekend.
The objectives of the RLDC•2018 include:
- Review recent research advances for rare lung diseases.
- Explore cutting-edge concepts related to the diagnosis and treatment of rare lung disease patients.
- Provide continuing medical education (CME) credits for physicians caring for rare lung disease patients.
- Facilitate the translation of rare lung disease research into clinical practice ‘in real time'.
- Learn about emerging technologies that could potentially accelerate advancements in rare lung disease research.
- Incorporate the ‘patient voice’ in planning and conducting of rare lung disease research.
The RLDC•2018 will offer THREE educational experiences:
International Rare Lung Diseases Conference and Technology Workshops: Day One (Friday) will consist of Rare Lung Disease Intensive presentations with a focus on differential diagnosis, progress being made in the disease and exploring new technologies helping to advance research of the disease. On Day Two (Saturday), attendees will participate in disease-specific workshops on LAM, PAP, PLCH, Sarcoidosis, Alpha-1, NTM and PF with world leaders and patient advocates to set the stage for advancements for these diseases.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE AGENDA.
Annual LAMposium Patient and Family Conference: LAM and Rare Lung Disease patients, along with family and friends, will attend a wide variety of educational sessions designed to inform and inspire. Topics range from disease and treatment fundamentals, research trial participation and oxygen therapy to exercise, fundraising and integrative medicine.
Many additional activities are planned including the Research Room, Scientific and Community Poster Reception, Rare Lung Diseases Clinic Director Congress, Friday Evening Celebration Banquet and Breath of Hope Gala.