With your help, The LAM Foundation continues to be the leading champion for LAM patients and their families throughout the world. 2016 was a busy year for the Foundation, as we have continued to execute on visionary strategies to accelerate research, improve patient care, and ultimately to find a cure. A few of our accomplishments this year include:
- Patient Support:
- 178 new patients registered with The LAM Foundation
- 749 total patients family members, friends and professionals were reached via 28 LAM Liaison educational and social meetings
- The LAM Foundation’s new website AND LAM360 Community were launched
- The LAM Foundation funded $450,000 in LAM research grants
- The NIH awarded $5.7 million to fund the Multicenter International Durability and Safety of Sirolimus in LAM Trial (MILED), and a study on the Molecular and Genetic Pathogenesis of LAM
- The 2016 International Rare Lung Diseases Consortium, Patient & Family LAMposium, and Breath of Hope Gala attracted over 470 participants
- Over $650,000 was raised to support the event, LAM research and The LAM Foundation
- Clinical Care:
- ATS and JRS published new clinical practice guidelines for LAM
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ, was designated as a new LAM Clinic
- The LAM Wikipedia page was updated to reflect the latest in treatment and research
The LAM Foundation recently earned Platinum Level status with GuideStar, the world's largest source of information on nonprofit organizations. We received this distinction because of our commitment to organizational transparency and good business practices.
We are extremely grateful for your support throughout the year, and we ask that you consider making a special year end gift to the annual fund. Your generous support has an enormous impact on the Foundation and the women that we serve.
This has been a remarkable year for The LAM Foundation, and with your continued support, we look forward to building upon our success toward an extraordinary 2017.