6th Annual Worldwide LAM Awareness Day
On Wednesday, June 1, women with LAM, family, friends, researchers and clinicians from around the world will share LAM awareness on Worldwide LAM Awareness Day (WWLAD). This year, sharing LAM Awareness is especially important as countries all over the world are looking to the U.S. FDA approval of Rapamune as a treatment for LAM as a bellwether to push for approval at home. It was just one year ago - May 29, 2015, when the FDA approved Rapamune as the first treatment for patients with LAM, based on the work of the scientific and clinical investigation team, patient, industry and government agencies and The LAM Foundation.
This type of cooperative effort creates opportunities for innovation in developing therapies for patients with rare diseases. Worldwide LAM Awareness Day brings together the global community in a similar collaborative effort: educating the world about the symptoms and signs of LAM, proper diagnosis and sharing our achievements to inspire researchers and clinicians to optimize Rapamune and find a cure for LAM.
This year The LAM Foundation is urging you to take part in Worldwide LAM Awareness Day. We have created tools to help you to participate and share LAM Awareness. Or maybe this is an opportune time for you to ask your family and friends to support LAM research and LAM education by setting up an online giving page? We have made this easy for you by providing everything you'll need, please consider joining us!
Ways to participate:
- Purchase a Lymphangioleiomyomatosis t-shirt,post a photo of you wearing the shirt and tell your story on social media.
- Change your social media icon to the WWLAD icon for the day.
- Share your story with your local LAM Clinic for sharing across the health system.
- Write a letter to your local newspaper editor about your journey with LAM.
- Connect with a local TV health news reporter and share your journey with LAM.
- Print WWLAD posters and display them at your office or local coffee shop.
- Share a LAM Awareness video on your Facebook page.
- Set-up an online giving page and ask your friends and family for their help, by donating to fund LAM research and support programs.
Worldwide LAM Awareness Day Online Donation Pages
Creating a fundraising page for Worldwide LAM Awareness Day is easy!
- Go to https://connect.clickandpledge.com/Organization/thelamfoundation/campaign/WWLAD and click the green “Become a Fundraiser” button to create a profile.
- This will take you to your main Fundraiser Page. You can upload your photo and story here using the black “Edit Profile” and “Edit Page” buttons and the green tabs. Click the black “Close Edit” when you’ve finished.
- From there, click on the black “More on this campaign” button that appears when you hover over the Worldwide LAM Awareness Day campaign towards the bottom of the page. This will take you to your personal WWLAD page. You can further customize this page using the black “Edit Page” button. This is the page and link you’ll want to share!
- Share your page! Use the buttons on your page to share with your Facebook, Twitter, e-mail contacts, and more.
Check out a sample page here.
This instructional video will walk you through the process of setting up and editing your page:
If you have any questions, please email our development team at firstname.lastname@example.org– we’re happy to help!