Worldwide LAM Awareness Month
This year, sharing LAM Awareness is even bigger as the global coalition moves from a day of LAM awareness to an entire month. June 2017 has been designated as the first Worldwide LAM Awareness Month (WWLAM) by the Worldwide LAM Patient Coalition. Women with LAM, family, friends, researchers and clinicians from around the world will share LAM awareness during WWLAM.
WWLAM brings together the global community in a collaborative effort to educate the world about the signs and symptoms of LAM, what it means to live with LAM and share our achievements to inspire researchers and clinicians to optimize therapies and find a cure for LAM.
The LAM Foundation urges you to take part in Worldwide LAM Awareness Month. The tools below will help you participate and share LAM awareness, educate your community and raise funds to support LAM patients.
How You Can Get Involved:
- Support women with LAM by asking your family and friends to donate to The LAM Foundation. Create an online giving page (instructions below), or write a letter or e-mail and ask your community for contributions to The LAM Foundation. All WWLAM donations will go to the LAM Family Network to help women with LAM attend the LAMposium conferences. Click here to create a fundraising page, or here to see a sample letter.
- Change your social media profile picture to the WWLAM logo for the month of June and use #WWLAM. DOWNLOAD IT HERE.
- Purchase a “Can You Say Lymphangioleiomyomatosis?” or The LAM Foundation t-shirt. Be sure to post a photo of you wearing the shirt on social media using hashtag #WWLAM. Proceeds directly support The LAM Foundation! (link coming soon!)
- Educate your healthcare providers (pulmonologist, gynecologist, primary care provider, etc.) by sharing the Air We Breathe campaign and LAM treatment guidelines.
- Contact your local TV health news reporter or newspaper editor, and share your journey with LAM. Download a sample letter here.
- Share this LAM awareness video and The LAM Foundation’s Facebook posts, LAM360 blogs and tweets on your social media with hashtag #WWLAM.
- Reach out to your local government officials and ask them to declare June “Worldwide LAM Awareness Month”.
- Register for LAMposium DC to join us on Capitol Hill, or make your travel plans for LAMposium LA! Details on both conferences can be found here.
If you have any questions about how you can be involved, fundraise, or raise awareness for WWLAM, contact Katie Jensen at email@example.com or (513) 777-6889.