Worldwide LAM Awareness Month
June 2017 has been designated as the first Worldwide LAM Awareness Month (WWLAM) by the Worldwide LAM Patient Coalition. WWLAM brings together the global community in a collaborative effort to educate the world about the signs and symptoms of LAM, raise funds to support women living with LAM and share our achievements to inspire researchers and clinicians to optimize therapies and find a cure for LAM.
The LAM Foundation urges you to take part in Worldwide LAM Awareness Month. The tools below will help you participate and share LAM awareness, educate your community and raise funds to support LAM patients.
Raise Funds to Support Women with LAM
Support women with LAM by asking your family and friends to donate to The LAM Foundation. All WWLAM donations will go to the LAM Family Network Travel Grant to help women with LAM attend LAMposium conferences.
- Create an online giving page (written instructions here) and share it on your social media pages. Need help creating your page? Watch this video from our Development Manager, Katie Jensen as she walks you through how to create your own fundraising page.
- Write a letter or e-mail and ask your community for contributions to The LAM Foundation. Telling your story can have a powerful effect! Click here for a sample letter.
- Purchase a “Can You Say Lymphangioleiomyomatosis?” (https://www.booster.com/can-you-say-lam) or The LAM Foundation t-shirt (https://www.booster.com/wwlam). Be sure to post a photo of you wearing the shirt on social media using hashtag #WWLAM. 100% of proceeds directly support The LAM Foundation and the LAM Family Network Travel Grant.
Build LAM Awareness
- Post the WWLAM logo as your social media profile picture for the month of June. Download here!
- Educate your healthcare providers (pulmonologist, gynecologist, primary care provider, etc.) by sharing the Air We Breathe campaign and LAM treatment guidelines.
- Contact your local TV health news reporter or newspaper editor, and share your journey with LAM.
Sample Letter to the Editor
- Share this LAM awareness video and The LAM Foundation’s Facebook posts, LAM 360 blogs, and tweets on your social media with hashtag #WWLAM.
- Reach out to your local government officials to tell your story, and ask them to declare June “Worldwide LAM Awareness Month”.
- Register for LAMposium DC to join us on Capitol Hill, or make your travel plans for LAMposium LA!
Thank you for participating in the first WWLAM! If you have any questions about how to raise funds or build awareness, contact Katie Jensen, Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 777-6889.