Worldwide LAM Awareness Month
June has been designated Worldwide LAM Awareness Month (WWLAM) by the Worldwide LAM Patient Coalition. WWLAM brings together the global community in a collaborative effort to educate the world about the signs and symptoms of LAM, raise funds to support women living with LAM and share our achievements to inspire researchers and clinicians to optimize therapies and find a cure for LAM.
The LAM Foundation urges you to take part in Worldwide LAM Awareness Month. The tools below will help you participate and share LAM awareness, educate your community and raise funds to support LAM patients.
Raise Funds to Support Women with LAM
Support women with LAM by asking your family and friends to donate to The LAM Foundation. All WWLAM donations support The LAM Foundation's ongoing work to fund promising research, build awareness and support women with LAM across the globe.
- Create an online giving page (written instructions below) and share it often with #WWLAM. Need help creating your page? Watch this video from our Development Director, Katie Jensen as she walks you through how to create your own Facebook fundraiser, or click HERE for step-by-step instructions.
- ASK for donations to The LAM Foundation on your regular Facebook posts. When you tag The LAM Foundation, an option to add a “Donate” button will appear. Don’t forget to use #WWLAM, too!
- Write a letter or e-mail and ask your community for contributions to The LAM Foundation. Telling your story can have a powerful effect! Click here for a sample letter.
- Donate to The LAM Foundation, to help support our efforts to find a cure for this disease and support women with LAM across the globe. Click "Worldwide LAM Awareness Month" under the "Reason for Giving" field.
Build LAM Awareness
- Post the WWLAM logo as your social media profile picture for the month of June. Download here!
- Share the WWLAM poster with your community. Download the 8 1/2" x 11" version or the A4 version.
- Educate your healthcare providers (pulmonologist, gynecologist, primary care provider, etc.) by sharing the Air We Breathe campaign and LAM treatment guidelines.
- Contact your local TV health news reporter or newspaper editor, and share your journey with LAM.
Sample Letter to the Editor
- Share this LAM awareness video and The LAM Foundation’s Facebook posts, LAM 360 blogs, and tweets on your social media with hashtag #WWLAM.
- Reach out to your local government officials to tell your story, and ask them to declare June “Worldwide LAM Awareness Month”.
- SAVE THE DATE for LAMposium 2018, September 6-9 in Cincinnati!
Thank you for participating in the first WWLAM! If you have any questions about how to raise funds or build awareness, contact Katie Jensen, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 777-6889.